PIRIE CONSULTANTS LTD has been successfully involved with the development of the Manawatu.
PIRIE CONSULTANTS LTD has been successfully involved with the development of Palmerston North, Manawatu, Tararua, Horowhenua and adjacent regions for many years. The company was formed in 1993 as Pirie Surveying Ltd and we have only recently changed the name in recognition that we provide a service to our clients that is much more than surveying. The firm was started in 1960 by Len Pirie and previously known as Len Pirie and Associates.
We are part of a consortium with associates in Palmerston North, Wellington, Masterton and Wanganui which enable us to provide our clients with a comprehensive service for all Land Surveying, Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering Design, Setout and Supervision of construction, and consultancy services for Resource Management, Planning and Development work. This has enabled us to build a close working relationship with other professionals, Local Authorities, Government agencies, contractors and builders to service their requirements.
As a result of the vast range of work undertaken over many years we are able to provide a high level of skill using the latest surveying equipment including GPS, electronic total stations and fieldbooks fully supported by 12D and QuickMAP software. Data is available by computer generated plans and digital formats.
Project Design has included several large multi lot subdivisions:
- Galea Backhouse Subdivision, James Line, P.N.
- Mt Taylor Subdivision, Feilding
- Barber Estate, Summerhill Drive, P.N.
- Kingsgate Subdivision, Tremaine Ave, P.N.
- Ngahere Park, Turitea Road, P.N.
- Farquhar Subdivisions, Montana Way and Jefferson Crescent, P.N.
Construction Setout has included major projects: (see image gallery)
- Wellington Interceptor Sewer for Wellington City Council
- Realignment of the Manawatu River for Doug Hood Ltd.
- Newlands Interchange for Fulton Hogan Ltd.
- Lower Turitea Dam for Fulton Hogan Ltd.
- The Plaza, Palmerston North
- Foodstuffs, Palmerston North
Setout for earthworks contracts:
- Stopbanks for M. Field, D. Bargh, J.B. Ware Ltd, Doug Hood Ltd and Agnew Contractors
- Various structures for Tararua Roading Ltd and other contractors
Building and Structure Surveys:
- Setout of industrial and commercial buildings for Mainzeal, Murphy Properties, McMillan & Lockwood, Fletcher Construction and others
- Surveys of quarries and stockpiles
Land Subdivision and Development:
A full range of residential, commercial, industrial, lifestyle and rural subdivisions for many clients.
Survey and Design of roading for various Councils and numerous setouts of road realignments and reconstructions for all local construction companies.