A Redefinition Survey may be required to locate the legal boundaries of your property for building consent purposes, before erecting fences,
or to determine the extent of a parcel of land before purchase.
Locating Your Boundaries
Knowing the exact location of the boundaires of your land will help avoid expensive encroachment disputes and ill-will between you and your neighbours.
An NZIS member who is a Licensed Cadastral Surveyor can:
- Help resolve existing boundary problems
- Indicate or confirm the correctness of existing boundary marks
- Replace boundary marks which have been removed or disturbed
- Place additional marks to better delineate a boundary
- Prepare legal survey data when necessary to document the location of the boundaries of your land
- Advise you of possible remedies when boundary disputes or encroachments have occurred
All information has been sourced from the Redefinition of Boundary information brochure, avaliable from the offices of Pirie Consultants or by contacting the New Zealand Institute of Surveyors