A Redefinition Survey may be required to locate the legal boundaries of your property for building consent purposes, before erecting fences, or to determine the extent of a parcel of land before purchase.
Locating Your Boundaries
Knowing the exact location of the boundaries of your land will help avoid expensive encroachment disputes and ill-will between you and your neighbors.
An NZIS member who is a Licensed Cadastral Surveyor can:
- Help resolve existing boundary problems
- Indicate or confirm the correctness of existing boundary marks
- Replace boundary marks which have been removed or disturbed
- Place additional marks to better delineate a boundary
- Prepare legal survey data when necessary to document the location of the boundaries of your land
- Advise you of possible remedies when boundary disputes or encroachments have occurred
*All information has been sourced from the Redefinition of Boundary information brochure, available from the offices of Pirie Consultants or by contacting the New Zealand Institute of Surveyors